A Spiritual Journey
This pilgrimage offers spiritual seekers from all paths an opportunity to tread the paths that have been laid down by yogis and sages throughout centuries and experience the sacred energies of these majestic mountains that uplift the soul and recharge spiritual endeavour.
This trek will take you from Rishikesh to Tapovan, which is a vast meadow surrounded by mountain peaks and nestled at the base of Shivaling mountain, it is one of the most beautiful and breath-taking places imaginable. It is here that Ganga (known as
Akash or Sky Ganga) begins her descent. This sacred place is where yogis, seers and rishis have performed spiritual practices since time immemorial. Join us for a unique opportunity to deepen you own spiritual practices, meditation and consciousness.
- Day 1 - May 27th: Rishikesh. Introduction to the pilgrimage with fire ceremony and celebratory meal
- Day 2 - May 28th:
- Yoga, kriya, meditation and satsang with Shailendra Negi, a Vedic yogi
- Shivananda Kutir - experience the special vibrations of the sacred abode of one of India’s most famous saints
- Rafting Ganga - experience the thrill of the sacred waters of India’s holiest river
- Day 3 - May 29th:
- Vashista Gufa - an ancient cave where sages have meditated for thousands of years
- Ganga Aarathi & Yajna - ancient rituals & worship of Ganga at Parmath Niketan
- Day 4 - May 30th:
- Ananda Mayi Ma’s Mahasamadhi (tomb) - Ma was a famed woman saint known for her blissful states
- Tat Wallah Baba Cave - explore the cave ashram of this revered yogi
- Day 5 - May 31st: Travel to Uttakashi - known as the Valley of the Gods, an ancient centre for yogis and rishis. Visit the Vishwanath temple and enjoy talks and satsang with Aadinath Swaroop, a learned teacher.
- Day 6 - June 1st: To Ganganani and Gangotri - Stop for a hot bath at a natural spring. At Gangotri we will visit the temple to Mother Ganga and experience the rich cultural heritage of this region.
- Days 7&8 - June 2nd & 3rd: Gangotri
- A unique opportunity to spend time with Swami Sundarananda considered to be one of the great yogi Himalayan Masters, who has mastered all the yoga postures and pranayamas and is a famous photographer and mountaineer. He has chronicled his devotion to the natural beauty of the Himalayas in his gallery. There will be an opportunity to share in meditation with Swamij and to visit Bhakti, a woman saint who lives in a cave. A devotee of Hanuman. She has spent 14 years of unbroken sadhana living in the Himalayas. Explore the Pandava Cave, which is famed as the abode of the 5 Pandava brothers described in the Indian classic - The Mahabharata.
- Day 9 - June 4th: 3 & half hour trek (or pony) Gangotri to Chirbhasa - experience the beauty and majesty of the Ganga river valley
- Day 10 - June 5th: 2 & half hour trek (or pony) Chirbhasa to Bhojvasa - enchanting views of the Bhagirathi peaks. Kirtan with Nirmala Das who has been practising kundalini yoga and samadhi since 1987
- Day 11 - June 6th: Bhojvasa to Tapovan - .Trolly car takes us across Ganga and we climb up to a beautiful alpine meadow at the base of Shivaling mountain.
- Days 12 to 14 - June 7th - 9th: Tapovan: Immerse yourself in the sacred silence of a place where centuries of spiritual seekers have come to experience the oneness. Have satsang and meditation sessions with Nagadas, who has lived there in silence for over 10 years and Sri Anand, a swami who recently came out of silence to share his wisdom with spiritual seekers
- Day 15 - June 10th Trek back (or pony) to Gangotri
- Day 16 - June 11th: Gangotri to Rishikesh
- Day 17 - June 12th: Rishikesh early morning closing fire ceremony
To ensure a deep and fulfilling experience, this pilgrimage is limited to a small number of spiritual seekers.
Savitri has been travelling to the Himalayas for the past 25 years living in ashrams in sacred regions and has been deeply inspired by the ancient pathway to Self-realisation. Over the past fifteen years she has undertaken an annual pilgrimage to Tapovan, living in a cave, amidst the silence, within the community of saints and yogis. These experiences transformed her own life and she wishes to play a role in sharing the transformative power of practice in places of spiritual power.
Cost: $2500 (early-bird) - excludes air fares