Sacred Pilgrimage to
Hidden from the eyes of the world by the mighty Himalayan peaks, Mount Kailash, the crest jewel of creation has, over millennia, drawn sincere pilgrims from many faiths to its feet to contemplate the oneness in the power of nature. Kailash is the heart and soul of the Himalayan regions and the most sacred of all the world's holy mountains. It stands alone, in silent contemplation, above the Tibetan plains, drawing the eyes of all who come near with its power and purity. The circumambulation (walking around the mountain) is an act of penance and prayer. With each step the pilgrim is taken deeper into the silence within, whilst taking in the sacred landscape without. One circle (pradakshina) symbolises one revolution of the wheel of life or the cycle from birth to death. With each step there is purification and exaltation.
- Day 01 September 6th - Arrive at Lhasa after Airport pickup
- Day 02 September 7th - Explore Lhasa - Jokhang Temple, Sera Monastery and Barkhor Market.
- Day 03 September 8th - Lhasa sightseeing of Potala Palace & Drepung Monastery.
- Day 04 September 9th - Lhasa- Yamdrok-Tso lake and Ghyantse: spectacular mountain views, hang prayer flags at Manak lake near Simila Mountain Pass & visit historic monasteries
- Day 05 September 10th - Gyantse to Shigatse visit traditional Barley Mill and Tashilampo monastery
- Day 06 September 11th - Shigatse to Saga crossing a number of high passes. Exceptional Himalaya views
- Day 07 September 12th - Saga to Lake Manasarovar first glimpse of Kailash; have a holy dip Mansarovar, the sacred lake of consciousness and enlightenment
- Day 08 September 13th - Exploration around and drive to Darchen havan at sunrise & hot spring bath
- Day 09 September 14th - Drive to Valley of the God and start Kailash Kora. view north face at Dirapuk
- Day 10 Sept 15th - Day at North face of Kailash – Option to hike Mount Kailash Inner (Charansparsa)
- Day 11 September 16th - Kailash kora second day, reach at Juthulpuk via Dolma La pass; view Gaurikund (lake of compassion) from the pass; crossing represents a transition from the former life to a new one
- Day 12 September 17th - End of Kailash kora. Reach Saga on the way take holy water from Manasarovar
- Day 13 September 18th - Drive back to Shigatse; visit Palcho monastery
- Day 14 September 19th - Drive back to Lhasa
This sacred journey is for a small number of spirtiual seekers wishing to deepen their connection with the inner consciousness. The trek requires a reasonable level of fitness.
Savitri has been travelling to the Himalayas for the past 25 years living in ashrams in sacred regions and has been deeply inspired by the ancient pathway to Self-realisation. Over the past fifteen years she has undertaken an annual pilgrimage to Tapovan, living in a cave, amidst the silence, within the community of saints and yogis. These experiences transformed her own life and she wishes to play a role in sharing the transformative power of practice in places of spiritual power.
Cost: $2955 NZD early bird or $3500 NZD full price - excludes air fares